۱۳۸۸ آبان ۴, دوشنبه

Names of Jesus


Jesus gave himself names that exemplified the various acts or roles He would fulfill; some were even from the Old Testament, including the "Messiah." Other names and references were used, or taken to help the people understand His purpose or message.
Below are some of those names:
"Son of Man" - Perhaps Jesus' favorite reference to himself emphasized His humanity, and because of the way He used it, it was a claim to divinity.
"Do not labor for food that perishes to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you. For on Him God the Father has set his seal."(John 6:27)
"Bread of Life" - Refers to His life-giving role, and that He is the only source of eternal life.
"Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."(John 6:35)
"Light of the World" - Light is a symbol of spiritual truth. Jesus is the only answer for man's need of spiritual truth."
"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."(John 8:12)
"Gate for the Sheep" - Faith in Jesus is the only way possible to reach heaven.
"So Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep." (John 10:7)
"The Good Shepherd" - Jesus claimed and used the prophecies of the Messiah from the Old Testament as pertaining to Him. This was a claim to divinity which focussed on His love and guidance.
"I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." (John 10:11)
"The Resurrection and the Life" - Jesus is the very source of life, and the power over death.
"Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life." (John 11:25)
"The Way and the Truth and the Life" - Jesus is the way, the method, and the truth for all people. He summarized his purp0ose on earth by this title.
"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."(John 14:6)
"I am the Vine" - And the rest of the title is, "You are the Branches." Just as the branches gain life and cannot live apart from the vine, so are we completely dependent on Christ for our spiritual life.
"I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser." (John 15:1)

http://www.trusting-in-jesus.com

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

ارسال یک نظر